From the Architect,
This is monolithic architecture, a silent piece of art, made entirely from wood, with a natural finish on the inside and a black asphalt finish on the outside.
During the daytime, multiple openings on the facade allow the light to pour into the living rooms, the studio and the two levels above – from 3 different directions.
At night, the wood blinds treated with the exact same finish as the facade hide the windows and allow the monolith to become all black and quiet once again.
- Project: Saint-Ange Residency
- Owner: Colette Tornier
- Location: Seyssins, France
- Architect: Studio Odile Decq
- General Contractor: SEMA
- Structural work: Soraetec
- Structure Contractor: BOIS CONSEIL
- Year Completed: 2015
- Country: France
- 2015: Blueprint Award – Best Non-Public Use Project — Residential
Saint-Ange Residency Gallery